Sunday, September 16, 2007

Travels to the Far East

My travels to Asia were sensational. We started in Japan, moved on to China and ended our trip in Hong Kong. These pictures are in reverse order since the blog tricked me, but it still works. Paul, Julia, my mom and I spent 2 weeks seeing the sights and living it up. Enjoy the greatest hits photos! Since Hong Kong was under British rule until 1997, the one child policy is not in effect there, thus these adorable twin girls.

This is the apartment my parents brought brand new baby me home to.
The Junks of Hong Kong (Junk = Sketchy Boat)

Amazing down pour .....didn't slow the Stowell girls shopping spree
Shang Hai
Take note of the names of the dishes.

My mom and Paul have very fond memories of this ferry, the Star Ferry. This ferry got you from the mainland side of Hong Kong to the island.





Shuz Hou (not sure of spelling), my favorite smaller city.


WHITE STONE FACE!
We took a river cruise down the Yangtze River, these are the famous gorges.



Julia and I were confused.


"Please buckle in your beverage" .... good idea flight attendant, one can never be too cautious with their most precious items



The Forbidden City

The Great Wall


This entire temple was covered in real gold leaf.


Bamboo trees




Above is a Japanese fish market at approximately 4:30 or so in the morning. Paul and my mom thoroughly enjoyed some very very fresh tuna rolls and other questionable sushi.

I was so lucky to experience something so great with people I love. It was so great to come home to Steve and Cleo, I missed them and I'm pretty sure they missed me.

























2 comments:

Emily said...

What amazing pictures!! I'm so jealous at all the things you got to see. I'm not jealous at the exploding crayfish fragrant bowl.

Linds said...

It's nice to see you've joined the blogging world! Those are some great pictures! It looks like such an awesome trip! I'm sorry I missed you last time you were in town!