Tuesday, July 29, 2008

sweet vacation

Steve and I headed to wicked sweet southern California for a much needed vacation. We stayed in Oceanside, just north of San Diego. This vacation was both a celebration of the end of the puppy chapter as well as a celebration of being married buddies for 3 years! By the way time really does fly. Also I think this vacation really brought home the point of vacations and we realized how necessary they are to living a happy life. Thus, more vacations for the Hendersons.Beach time, heck yes.




San Diego zoo elephants, I want one.


We went to Old Town, which was charming and adorable.



We drove up old highway 101, which obviously was the old highway that goes up the coast. We stopped I think in Cardiff by the Sea to watch the sunset, it was almost too amazing.
Gorgeous Hotel Del Coronado, on the adorable island of Coranado. I think we are going to buy a house there as soon as I find that million dollars I misplaced.

6 comments:

Samantha said...

Yeah for vacations, especially when they are in San Diego! I wish I could have been there. Sean grew up right by Cardiff. We really miss the surf and those amazing beach sunsets. You look gorgeous Audrey! Love Ya!

Lauren said...

What up Hendos!? This is Marcus responding to your surprising guest appearance on our blog! Truth be told I thought blogging was for total losers, but it's actually turning out to be a very useful way of keeping up with friends... we would love to hang with you guys soon. We're in Virginia doing our last summer of door knocking, and will have to plan a road trip to St. George/Vegas soon in the fall. Take care, hope to see you soon!

Linds said...

Looks like a great vacation! Happy anniversary too!

Boyd said...

Looks like you guys had fun on your socal trip! Next time stop in and visit us!!
Coranado Island looks amazing, Jake and I will have to check it out some time.

Jen R. said...

Hey, this is Jen, I don't know if you remember me, I hung out with Kurt Tingey for a while back during the King Henry days! anyways, that's where I grew up! In Vista, but my middle school was in Oceanside and I'm so jealous you got to go! I don't get to make it home very often, like once a year. Sad. And your puppies are sooo cute! If you remember who I am we can be blog buddies, otherwise nice blog! ha ha oh ya, I saw yours from Ashley and Brian's blog.

bklain said...

Audrey!!! good usage of "Wicked sweet" in that last posting. Cardston is proud of you. I love you -- yay for Southern California vacations!