Friday, November 21, 2008

HELLOOOO KITTY!

My brother Paul's 30th birthday was on Monday. The friday before there was a fabulous party held in his NYC apartment in his honor. We lived in Japan a long time ago and in Japan, as many of you may know, this giant pink kitty is kind of a big deal. This is HELLO KITTY! Paul got way more hello kitty in his life than he bargained for mainly because of his 2 younger sisters, Lauren and I, who quite enjoyed the kitty of hello. There was an amusement park devoted to this feline, which we frequented back in the day, and basically everywhere you turned in Tokyo you see this kitty and her little friends.

There is the background, and if you knew Paul and the rest of my siblings it would be even funnier, but regardless this post should knock your socks off. So for this milestone of birthdays my siblings and I had all been racking our brains for a brilliant idea, he is very difficult to buy for, mostly because things he needs he just buys and beyond that he is not really interested. Oh men, you have it all wrong, but that is neither here nor there, but perhaps the topic of another post. WE SENT HIM A FREAKING HELLO KITTY BIRTHDAY TELEGRAM!!!! How amazing is that? How brilliant and hilarious?!?! And I guess what made it even funnier, I got the report from one of Paul's good friends, is that the guy in the Hello Kitty costume was this odd Nigerian guy, who didn't speak great English, and kept trying to get awkwardly close to Paul. Aahh birthdays and weird gifts, there is nothing better.











6 comments:

Emily said...

Audrey this is the raddest thing I've seen in a long time--nay, ever. I tell you, a telegram business is the way to go! I should bring emzybear back.

April Leydsman Mason said...

That is great. You seriously crack me up. And who doesn't love Hello Kitty???

The White Clan said...

That is just fantastic!!! I bet that he will never forget his Nigerian Hello Kitty MAN! And I have to say that, that is the best part. They couldn't find a female? That is great!!! Bravo to you!

Miriam H said...

That is so stinkin funny...to bad you couldn't of been there for that!

Richins Family said...

That is HILARIOUS! I have been laughing so hard it is too funny. I hope you are feeling better.

Richins Family said...

It's time to do a new post woman! :)