Sunday, March 29, 2009

Succession of excellent weekends

Two weekends ago my freaking cool sister Julia came down from the BYU to play with me, she even brought her also very cool roomie Sarah. Juice and I have a very, very special relationship, when we get together, steve just kind of sits and watches us and our insanity. Anyhow here is all the rad stuff we did.cleo does this every time juice is around, ssooo weird.we found this super secret and super sweet slot canyon at zions, i had never been in a slot canyon and neither had juice or sarah so it was pretty much mind blowing.After some in depth research and phone calls i determined i was indeed allowed to have a fire pit in my backyard. To celebrate this new information we of course broke in our new fire pit. It is wonderful, i think it may have changed my life, i know the s'mores did that night.
Then last weekend we drove down to Palm Springs, which is in the California desert. We met my little brother Peter and my parents down there. We watched tennis at Indian Wells, finally i feel like I get tennis, well maybe this time I just cared enough to get it. It was the semi-finals of this tournament so we got to watch the best players in the world, it was quite interesting. Also my mom and I got some girl time together, we shopped, ate and talked a lot, which was ssooo very much needed on my end. P.S. The shopping in palm springs = crazy good.Here we are near death from heat stroke at tennis, it was only like 85 degress but sitting in the hot sun for several hours made it feel approximately 850 degrees to me. Still it was awesome, I just had to take shade breaks.Dinner at my ffrraavvorite restaurant P.F. Changs. I heart you p.f.!It was another great weekend, i really needed it. Quick break, retail therapy, family time, a visit to mr. chang's and I was so much better off!

No comments: